2.18.2011

Miniature Mexican Pizza.

Sensational Mexican Pizza.

mini bagel with mexi-cheese

black beans, mango, red pepper, orange pepper, lime juice, cilantro and avocado.

garnished with sour cream and cilantro.

totally not centered.  ugh.  pretty though.

This was so easy, and surprisingly yummy! 
I have some pretty serious salsa snobbery, so I was a little suspicious of this required ingredient--
Sensational Salsa.
I really liked it.  Just enough tomato flavor, but not over the top as to overpower the black bean "salad."

The kids will really love the sweetness of the mango and may even forget that they're eating black beans and other vegetables. 

Not really a recipe.  Just throw it together::


Mini-Bagels
Mexi-cheese

Black Beans
Red Pepper
Orange Pepper
Mango
Lime Juice
Avocado
Cilantro
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Toast bagel and melt cheese on top.   Top with black bean mixture and garnish with::

Sour Cream
Cilantro "sprig"

Mix it up, and put it in front of your kids.  See what happens.




1 comment:

  1. It looks and sounds yummo, but I do not think my kids would eat it. But I think I'll try it sometime and see what they do. Where do you get this Sensational Salsa?

    ReplyDelete