2.09.2011

Ladies Who Lunch.


Today we lunched at Nabeel's Cafe and Market.
http://www.nabeels.com/

It was a gorgeous day for lunch.  Nabeel's is full of beautiful natural light and wonderful Mediterranean aromas.  I was joined by some lovely ladies, all of whom respect good food.  Gotta love that!   We ordered a little bit of everything and shared family style. 


The Peloponnese Platter
Kalamata Olives, Dolmas, Kasseri Cheese, Salonica Peppers, Feta


Assorted Breads


Mediterranean Dips
Taramasalata, Hummus, Tzatziki

Greek Salad

Pastitsio
Eggplant and Ground Beef Casserole with Bechamel and Tomato Fondue

Youvetsaki
Beef and Orzo Baked with Kefalograviera Cheese, Tomatoes and Herbs

Spanakopita
Aromatic Spinach Pie

The Daily Special
"Hammered Chicken" with LOTS of Cheese

The Waiter's Choice
Greek Style Pasta Primavera


Each dish was incredibly yummy, but the Pastitsio stole the show for me.  So beautiful.  The layers of pasta were just gorgeous.  A cube of perfection.  Italian Lasagna has nothin' on you Patsy! 

4 comments:

  1. hammered chicken also had bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I realized at some point that I forgot to share any more of my pastitsio with you all. oops! I am still full, both as Sarah said, in my tummy and heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too!! i just had to unbutton my pants though, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Jamie....full in heart and tummy:) The pics turned out great just like the lunch! Can't wait to see what the next place of taste will be!

    ReplyDelete